Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Truths #3 - Struggle

3. It’s okay to struggle. (And it’s okay not to.)

We don’t need to expect rose gardens or thorns, but we might get both. The truth is, it doesn’t matter what you encounter, it matters how you deal with the encounter. Will it make you bitter or wise? Will you keep opening yourself to possibility or will you close down from the pain?

…Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s. Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you…II Chronicles 20:15, 17

. . . My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.II Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment