Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Garden Update

I haven't forgotten to post a garden update, I've just been too busy out watering to write it! I water every night, and these days it looks like it could use a morning watering, too. Here are some pictures from a week or so ago. I guess the fence has been working because we've seen no signs of intruders since it went up.

I've already harvested three large tomatoes and a couple handfuls of cherry tomatoes as well as four cucumbers. Tomatoes and cucumbers are my favorite foods on earth. (But if I could grow bacon in my garden, I would!)

The glads haven't produced any stems yet. They are an August flower (at least in Wisconsin they are), so I guess they have a few weeks. I can't wait to see them. The Farmer's Market is already full of them, and they remind me of my great-grandmother, Gladyswho grew them partly because of her name. :)












No comments:

Post a Comment