Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Book Review - Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal, Conor Grennan



Little Princes: One Man’s Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal

 

Conor Grennan


Category: nonfiction, memoir, orphans, Nepal

Synopsis: Grennan volunteers at an orphanage in Nepal and ends up reuniting trafficked children with their parents.

Date finished: 29 January 2013

Rating: ****½

Comments: What a wonderful story. It simultaneously makes you wonder if the hateful hearts of man will ever change and renews your faith in mankind. I love how this heartbreaking story didn’t dwell in sadness; Grennan knew that the story was about much more than pain, sorrow, hardship, poverty, and displacement. He knew it was about hope, joy, peace, love, unity, and harmony. It’s good to read a story like that. That said, I hadn’t wanted to read this book. I’d seen it lurking on Amazon for years, and I knew it got high reviews, but it didn’t appeal to me in the least. It wasn’t until Glennon Melton said it would be her first book club book that I softened. Then I found it for $2 at a used bookstore and knew it was a sign. So glad I bought it and read it. Was interesting to find out in the acknowledgements that he’s the Irish poet Eamon Grennan’s son.

Would you recommend this to a friend?
An enthusiastic “yes!”

No comments:

Post a Comment