Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (recommendations for Mom)


http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html
 
 
This week’s Topic: Top Ten books I’d recommend to…

my mother.
 
Mom is not a reader. I don't think I've ever seen her read a book, but she does enjoy cookbooks. Lately, she's been dealing with a lot of stress at home tending to my ailing father, and she's asked for book recommendations. The following is what I plan to pick up for her.
 
 
 
The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun, Gretchen Craft Rubin

Happier at Home: Kiss More, Jump More, Abandon a Project, Read Samuel Johnson and My Other Experiments in the Practice of Everyday Life , Gretchen Rubin

 
The Kitchen Counter Cooking School: How a Few Simple Lessons Transformed Nine Culinary Novices into Fearless Home Cooks, Kathleen Flinn
 

Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life, Shauna Niequist

Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way, Shauna Niequist


 
Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World, Vicki Myron, Bret Witter
 



 
The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl, Ree Drummond

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier, Ree Drummond

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays: 140 Step-by-Step Recipes for Simple, Scrumptious Celebrations, Ree Drummond


Carry On, Warrior: Thoughts of Life Unarmed, Glennon Melton                   

No comments:

Post a Comment