Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What I'm Praying For...

  This week, I’m praying for:

1. The Olympics
Although I’m not a sports fan, I recognize the skill and determination that have made these men and women the best in what they do. I pray for divine protection for each participant. I work with the following verses: I Corinthians 9:24 “Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.” In Divine Mind, the One and Only Mind, there is no competition, only cooperation.

2. God’s “lost sheep”
Once the seed of truth is planted, once a love of church is established, once a taste of faith has been had, no child of God can be truly lost. I pray with the knowledge that church is the structure of truth and love. Not one of God’s beloved sheep can resist its tender pull.

3. Joy
I return to my prayer for the persistence of joy, for spirit, for peace, for bliss. I pray with Jesus’s promise: “These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full” (John 15:11). Also with John 10:10, “…I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” All of God’s good gifts are permanent, limitless, and abundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment