Monday, July 23, 2012

What I'm Praying About...

I’d like to begin a new weekly series in which share what I’m praying about and how I’m praying.






1. Drought in the Midwest
Over and over this verse comes to mind: He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers. (Psalms 78:16) Nothing is impossible to God who causes and sustains all. We cannot be without that which sustains us. I'm also thinking of water as the purification of our spiritual thought.


2. Colorado movie theatre shooting
We all want answers to the unanswerable. We all want apologies for the unforgiveable. We want remorse for the horrendous.

While the act is unforgivable, the person is not. I’m praying to know that this troubled young man dwells in the same great forgiving heart that I do.

I’m praying with Luke 12:2, “For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.” Also, “Love is reflected in love.”


3. Class Association
As another class of students goes through the life-altering experience of Christian Science class instruction, and as hundreds of us students prepare to convene for our yearly association day, I pray to know “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them” (Matt 18:20). I am praying to know that we are all Christ in the same way that Jesus was Christ. I am praying for our teacher’s stamina and asking blessings for his loving heart. I am praying for our class of eight members as we reunite and catch up on the past year. I am praying for the members as they travel from around the world. I am praying that I will be personally enriched by this year's address.  

What are you praying about?

No comments:

Post a Comment