Thursday, July 2, 2015

July 2015 Reading List

 
 
Happy July. Hope you have some great plans. I believe our summer plans are officially: stay as close to home as possible. We're not globetrotting folk!
 
On the reading docket for July, I have a host of books I'm really looking forward to.
 
First up, I'm listening to an audio version of Under the Banner of Heaven, a book that's been on my TBR for years. I'm also in the middle of Early Warning, a big long sequel to Smiley's Some Luck from last fall.
 
Then, some fun wild cards: Jim Gaffigan's Food: A Love Story, Stephanie Smith's 300 Sandwiches, and Jen Lancaster's I Regret Nothing. I've read nothing by Gaffigan, but I've found his comedy somewhat amusing, and I like to read about people opining about food. 300 Sandwiches is about a woman who makes her boyfriend 300 sandwiches before he proposes to her. I'd meant to read Jen Lancaster's My Fair Lazy before her new book, but I guess I was lazy. So I'm going into I Regret Nothing with only The Tao of Martha under my belt. I think Lancaster is kind of a hoot.
 
Like everyone else on the planet, I plan to read Harper Lee's novel Go Set a Watchman as soon as it's out. And I'm feeding my insatiable appetite for poetry for Mary Oliver's Blue Horses.
 
I also have a couple re-reads planned: Around the House and in the Garden, a memoir of divorce and houses, and Love, Loss, and What I Wore, which I discovered and loved long before the Ephron sisters' Broadway play.





 
 

Any July plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment