Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 2015 Recap

 
I can't believe how fast this month has gone. We've had beautiful weather--it's been holding steady at 80 degrees every day. We've also had plenty of rain. I planted my garden June 13, and everything is growing well. Including the weeds.
 
I've also had a good reading month: two fantastic re-reads (Cold Tangerines and The Know-It-All), a memoir (Girl in the Dark) and two celebrity memoirs (A Fine Romance and Life Is Short), a children's classic (Anne of Green Gables), a cookbook (Trisha's Table), a book of flower photos (Flower), and a book of poetry (Horoscopes for the Dead).
 
It would be hard to choose a favorite, but The Know-It-All--my favorite of A.J. Jacobs's books--did not disappoint the second time around. Neither did Anne of Green Gables; I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this one. And neither did Flower. The weakest of the bunch was probably Girl in the Dark
 
One-word descriptions provided with each below.
 
 
uplifting
 
perfect
 
depressing
 
well-done

 strong
 
heartwarming

positive

fun

gorgeous
 
reasonable
 
 
 
Going into July, I'm reading three good books:

 
 
Look for the rest of my July book list tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment