Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August 2015 Reading List

 
I spent a lot of time on my August reading list for some reason. I'm having trouble focusing on just what I want to read these days. But I finally settled on nine books, heavy on the woman-y memoirs and fiction this month.
 
          Nonfiction: The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey
          Poetry : The Best American Poetry 2011
          Memoirs: Sister Mother Husband Dog
                           The Folded Clock
                           Garlic and Sapphires
          My re-read: Julie & Julia
          Fiction: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
          Classic: The Great Gatsby
          Audio: Mansfield Park
 
I'm trying to read more library books--I do, after all, work in a library, and both The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and The Great Gatsby are library picks.
 
This is an ambitious list, but I hope to participate in the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon midmonth (for which I take two or three vacation days to read), so maybe I'll be able to finish these--and even a tenth book.
 



   
 
 
What are you reading these days?


No comments:

Post a Comment