Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (auto-buy authors)

 
This week: Ten Authors you Auto-buy. In other words, if they release a book, you snap it up.

Link up with your own list here: The Broke and the Bookish.


In no particular order:

Gretchen Rubin
I haven't read anything of Rubin's before her first Happiness book, but I've gobbled up everything since then.

A.J. Jacobs
The King of the Experiment. I've read all of his books, and only one was a dud. The rest rank among my favorite books ever.

Ree Drummond's cookbooks
I haven't read her kid's books, but I drool over, and read every word of, her cookbooks.

Michael Perry (at least his nonfiction)
There are a couple Michael Perry books I haven't read, but in general I read and love everything the man puts out--even the ones I don't expect to like.

Bill O'Reilly's Killing... series
I own but haven't read Killing Lincoln, but I've finished Killing Kennedy, Killing Jesus, Killing Patton, and eagerly await Killing Reagan--out next month.

Anne Lamott (nonfiction)
I can't get through Lamott's fiction, but I adore her nonfiction. Even though I seldom agree with her!

Laura Hillenbrand
I will read everything this woman puts out. Period.

Elizabeth Gilbert
I haven't read her earlier novels, but I've read everything from Eat, Pray, Love on, and I love it all.

Mo Willems (for the library)
When I new Mo Willems book comes out, which they do every couple weeks, I auto-buy it for the library. I love the Pigeon books and also the Gerald and Piggie books.

Candice Millard
She only has two books (Destiny of the Republic and The River of Doubt) but I loved them both so much, I'll read whatever she releases next.


Who are your auto-buy authors?


    

4 comments:

  1. Anne Lamott's nonfiction IS wonderful! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not familiar with any of the above authors. I will have to check them out.

    My TTT http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/top-ten-of-your-auto-buy-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan. Thanks for stopping by. You have a cute blog.

      Delete