Thursday, February 4, 2016

February 2016 Reading List





Since I finished my January reading list early, I've already began my February list. I won't be able to finish Eight Days, so that will be a carry-over from January.

And I've already read half of Jane Eyre. Which is good, since it's a long book, and February is sort of a short month.




As for the rest of the list...

I wanted to read a book in honor of Presidents Day, so I'll be reading the new Dead Presidents.

I heart presidential trivia.
 

Speaking of hearts, I wanted to read a book for Valentine's Day, so I choose The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels as my monthly re-read. As I remember, it's a nice romantic read.


I'm kind of a sucker for sequels, even if they're to books I didn't love. I'll be reading Spark Joy by the author of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.


One of the classic children's books I wanted to read this year was A. A. Milne's
The House at Pooh Corner. I'm ready for a little Pooh-bear this month.
 

I'm planning to read two books of poetry this month, Maxine Kumin's Where I Live (I've never read a collection of Kumin's poetry, but I've enjoyed single poems through the years) and Donald Hall's Selected Poems. I haven't read a Donald Hall collection since the moving Without, years ago, about the passing of his wife, fellow poet, Jane Kenyon.
 
 

And for my audio "read" this month, I've chosen The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry.
I've got to know what all the fuss is about.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment