Monday, March 7, 2016

What I'm reading this week (3/7/16)

Last week was a tough week. Work stuff. Icky winter sick stuff. But this weekend I got to rejuvenate a bit. I think it's time to plan a little spring break of my own for the end of the month. I could use it.


Last week I finished:


Philomena was a good read. Where the movie is the mother (Philomena's) story, the book is the son's story. It did include a bit too much about Michael's gay life for my taste. I know what gay is, I didn't need to know so much about his fetishes, but overall, the book was well done.

You guys, who would guess how much I would enjoy Ms. Marvel Vol. 1? I know next to nothing about comic books and superheroes. In fact, my knowledge likely comes 100% from The Big Bang Theory. But this, this is a comic book with a female heroine, and it felt real somehow. I have nothing to compare it to, but I enjoyed it.


Last week I began:
 

After enjoying The Best-Loved Poems of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, edited by Caroline Kennedy, a couple months ago, I picked up her She Walks in Beauty, a collection of poems for women. It's a nice collection of classic and newer poems, lots of which I'm familiar with.

I also started Appleblossom the Possum, a book for younger readers, obviously. It's really good. And the pictures? Forget about it. Stinkin adorable.


This week, I'll continue with:
 

I stalled out on my audio book last week. Now I'm getting back on track. I'm quite disappointed with it, actually. I don't remember so much deceit and, frankly, immoral behavior with no remorse. Most people would say I'm overthinking it, it's just a guy being a guy, but I don't like to spend a lot of time taking in this kind of smug attitude toward traditional values.  


This week I'll be reading:




No comments:

Post a Comment