Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 2017 reading list

Welcome to April! I've planned a great reading month chockfull of books I've been wanting to read for months. I figured why not put them together and have one great party of it!

Here is what I plan to read in April:


Nonfiction


We Knew Mary Baker Eddy, vol. 2 is a collection of reminiscences by Mary Baker Eddy's students, from the late 1880s to the early 1900s. Mary Baker Eddy is the founder of Christian Science, a religion which restores Christianity's lost element of healing.

Hero of the Empire is Candice Millard's look at Winston Churchill, which I've been anxious to read for months, but it hasn't quite fit into my plans until this month. Millard is one of my hands-down favorites when it comes to historical nonfiction.


Fiction


With another Kopps Sister book coming out this fall, I wanted to catch up by reading the second in the series, Lady Cop Makes Trouble.

Amor Towles took my head off with A Gentleman in Moscow last fall, so I've been wanting to read his earlier work, Rules of Civility, too.

And with my recent love affair with Alexander McCall Smith's The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, I've decided to try his new stand-alone novel, My Italian Bulldozer (out April 4).


Re-read


Fans of Amy Krouse Rosenthal will know why Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life is on my list. One of my favorite books by one of my favorite writers.


Poetry
 

Good Poems, selected by Garrison Keillor, is another re-read for me. I love his poetry collections.

But I'm also sneaking in Eat This Poem which pairs poetry and recipes. Two of my favorite things.


"Other"
 

My husband and I are planning a trip to Chicago next month, and I wanted to get another art book in before we go to the Art Institute. I chose 50 Artists You Should Know because I loved 50 Paintings You Should Know so much last summer.


Children's


Juana & Lucas won the 2017 Pura Belpré Author Award. It looks adorable. Put a dog on the cover, and I'll read it.


Audiobooks


For audiobooks this month, I've chosen The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper and The Wonder.


What have you been reading lately?


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment