Friday, March 26, 2021

What I'm reading this week (3/22/21)

 Last week I finished:

End of Days, James Swanson

Someday I'll have to do a count of how many Kennedy books, and specifically, assassination books, I've read. Dozens, I'm sure. This one has a lot of overlap with others, but what it does that few others do is to give us a good glimpse into Lee Harvey Oswald, his actions, and his days in custody. It was worth it for that information. My rating: 4 stars.

White Dresses, Mary Pflum Peterson

This one has been on my TBR for years, but two things kept me from reading it: a prejudice against books that only come out in paperback (doesn't it show a publisher's lack of faith?), and the cover (while it's attractive, it makes the book seem rather fluffy). But this one sort of blew me away. I vacillated between 4 and 5 stars, I was so impressed. This is the memoir of a daughter and mother as the daughter gains independence, and as the mother spirals into depression and hoarding, making her home unsafe. I don't know Pflum Peterson, but she has a career in television journalism. It was a thoughtfully told, honest memoir, told with insight and love. I really enjoyed this one. I listened to the audio, narrated by the author, and it was very good. But now I have to buy the book for re-reading. My rating: 4 stars.


I'm currently reading:


It took me awhile to get into this one, but now I feel invested in what's happening, and I have no clue whodunnit.


My evening reads:


I've just barely begun this one.


I didn't get nearly as far with this as I'd hoped, but I'm not ready for it to be done anyway.


I'm unsure what my next audiobook will be.






No comments:

Post a Comment