Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday Finds (Dec. 5)

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/?s=Friday+Finds
Hosted by MizB. Click on the picture to link up!
 
I have a feeling this month is going to take no prisoners. I'm so far behind with my holiday plans, projects, and whatnot. The tree's up, though. So there's that.
 
Needless to say I don't have a lot of time these days to find new books. I added three this week.
 
 
Jane Smiley wowed me this autumn with the first in a trilogy of novels, Some Luck (review to follow). The second in the series, Early Warning, is due out in May. (Thanks to Bookmammal for this info!) The novels cover a family's lives from the 1920s to present, and this second book picks up in the early 1950s.
 
The Residence is something that caught my eye awhile ago, though it's not due out until April. I'm kind of a White House junkie, so this one is eagerly anticipated.
 
I've owned Under the Banner of Heaven for a couple years now, and I've yet to read it. In fact, I haven't read anything by Jon Krakauer. I've moved it up the TBR after reading Trish's review of it recently. It's about fundamentalist Mormons and a true-life murder of a mother and her child. I've read a number of books about fundamentalist Mormons, and I was kind of burned out for awhile, but I think I might tackle this one soon. (Though I own the paperback version with miniscule font which irritates me no end.)
 
Does anyone know of a good book about mainstream Mormons? I've read a couple, but most are about leaving the church, not living in it.
 
That's it for this week. Hope you all have a great weekend!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment