Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June 2015 Reading List

 
I had a devil of a time choosing books for my June reading list. I'd intended to read a Jane Austen book this month, but I started both Mansfield Park and Emma, and neither caught my attention. June isn't the right time for me to be reading a long English-y book, I think.
 
So I choose a couple re-reads (Shauna Niequist's Cold Tangerines and A.J. Jacobs's The Know-It-All) to start things off.
 
I added some poetry with Billy Collin's Horoscopes for the Dead. I don't seem to be able to go long all of a sudden without a book of poetry on my stack.
 
I added three new celebrity books, Jen Arnold and Bill Klein's (from TLC's "The Little Couple") Life is Short, Candice Bergen's A Fine Romance, and Trisha Yearwood's Trisha's Table.
 
 I decided to "read" a photography book I've been saving for awhile (Andrew Zuckerman's Flowers). Gorgeous! 
 
Then I tacked on P.D. James's Death Comes to Pemberley and Anna Lyndsey's Girl in the Dark.
 
And I chose Anne of Green Gables for my morning audiobook.
 
Looks like quite a mishmash, and most of it is light reading. Perfect for summer!

 




 
What are you planning for June?




No comments:

Post a Comment