Wednesday, September 13, 2017

What I've added to my TBR lately: Not yet published

Well, my folder of books to tell you about is overflowing again, so I've decided to clear it out with a couple of "What I've added to my TBR" posts. This one is for not yet published books. The next will be a mixed bag.

Nonfiction


Brian Kilmeade is back with a third book about an historical war. This one, Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans, takes us back to the War of 1812.

I finished J. Randy Taraborrelli's After Camelot earlier this month, and I have his Jackie, Ethel, and Joan waiting, but he has a new Kennedy book coming out in January about Jackie Kennedy, her mother, and her sister, called Jackie, Janet & Lee. I'm game.

I've long enjoyed Anne Fadiman's writing (The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down, Ex Libris, etc.) and was thrilled to learn she's coming out with a memoir of her father soon called The Wine Lover's Daughter.


Fiction


I'm sure you all have seen that the ninth Flavia de Luce mystery will be released in January. The Grave's a Fine and Private Place is the title. I guess I have some catching up to do. I'm only on number five.

And I find this interesting. Next June, President Bill Clinton and James Patterson will release a thriller called The President is Missing. I don't know what to think about that other than I'll read that just for the novelty factor.


Cooking & Home
 

 I'm glad to see Paula Deen back with a new cookbook, At the Southern Table with Paula Deen.

Lidia Matticchio Bastianich is coming out with a new cookbook, too, Lidia's Celebrate Like an Italian.

 

And I was delighted to see that Julia Child's nephew, Alex Prud'homme, is coming out with a "photographic journey of Paul and Julia Child" titled France Is a Feast. Yes please!

And then there is a new decorating book that caught my eye: Beth Webb: An Eye for Beauty.
 
 
Photography


And because I'm a sucker for photography books about dogs or babies: The Dogist Puppies (awwww), William Wegman: Being Human (a compilation of his work with canines), and Naptime with Joey (a woman dresses up her adorable baby girl while she naps, and takes photos of it) are on my list.


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment