Thursday, November 1, 2018

Nonfiction November 2018 - week 1

Nonfiction November is back! I love participating, and if you want to too, you can find more information here. Each week there is a new nonfiction post prompt. This week, it's a look back.



Week 1: Your Year in Nonfiction Take a look back at your year of nonfiction and reflect on the following questions – What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year? Do you have a particular topic you’ve been attracted to more this year? What nonfiction book have you recommended the most? What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?



So far this year, I've read 150 books, 72 of which have been nonfiction: 54 biography and memoir and 18 straight nonfiction (decorating, cookbooks, history, etc.).

This year has been a fabulous year for my favorite flavor of nonfiction: presidents, first ladies, first families, and the White House. Here are my ten favorite books from that genre, all read this year (my very favorites are in the top row):


 
 
 
 
 
I'm always looking for more titles for my TBR, and I just love seeing what brand of nonfiction others are interested in. Leave me a comment about your year in nonfiction.
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I love books about life at the White House and First Ladies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you liked First in Line! I read one of her previous books, The Residence, and really liked it. I have that one on my stack, but haven't gotten to read it yet. Thanks for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun topic! I'm particularly interested in the book about Betty Ford. I really enjoy learning about women in history :)

    ReplyDelete