Wednesday, December 5, 2018

December 2018 reading list

I always have the hardest time putting together my December reading lists. It's the end of the year, so there are books I feel pressured to read (or to save for the new year); I'm off for half of the month, so I want engaging stories that I can lose myself in for hours at a time; I never know quite how much I'll get read while I'm off work; I don't want to read anything that will alter my carefully created end of year best of lists; and I'm also just kind of tired and want a certain kind of book--probably one that doesn't exist. So, it's hard to choose my books for the month. Taking all that into account, I've put together a list I'm happy with, though I'm leaving one wildcard spot open for an as-the-mood-strikes choice.




A couple of thick memoirs:



A couple of novels I've wanted to read:
 


A couple of adventure stories:
 

 
 
A couple of nonfiction titles that have nothing in common:



A couple of cozy winter home books:



A couple of cozy family books:
 


And, a couple of poetry books:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment