This Week’s Topic: Top Ten Things on My Bookish Bucket List
1. Read 100 books in a year.My personal best is 72.
2. Re-read all of my favorite books.This would likely only happen if publishing ceased for a year or two.
3. Get to the point where I only keep my favorite books.I have to own my favorite books, but I keep a lot more than that. My shelves are a scrapbook of my life, and they should be a “best of.”
4. Write a book.I have no idea what it would be about, but I think I’ll write one someday.
5. Finish all the Jane Austen novels.I have only Emma and Mansfield Park left.
6. Read some classic literature.I majored in English but got away with reading very few classics.
7. Read (or re-read) the “great” poems.I’m not terribly motivated to do this, but I feel I should.
8. Finish reading the Bible.I read the New Testament, then started on the Old Testament. I’m stalled in II Samuel.
9. Read some children’s literature that I’ve never had a chance to.Anne of Green Gables, Mary Poppins, Charlotte’s Web.
10. Start a book club.Anyone want to become part of a nonfiction book club?