Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (Bookish Bucket List)

http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html



This Week’s Topic: Top Ten Things on My Bookish Bucket List

1. Read 100 books in a year.
My personal best is 72.

2. Re-read all of my favorite books.
This would likely only happen if publishing ceased for a year or two.

3. Get to the point where I only keep my favorite books.
I have to own my favorite books, but I keep a lot more than that. My shelves are a scrapbook of my life, and they should be a “best of.”

4. Write a book.
I have no idea what it would be about, but I think I’ll write one someday.

5. Finish all the Jane Austen novels.
I have only Emma and Mansfield Park left.

6. Read some classic literature.
I majored in English but got away with reading very few classics.

7. Read (or re-read) the “great” poems.
I’m not terribly motivated to do this, but I feel I should.

8. Finish reading the Bible.
I read the New Testament, then started on the Old Testament. I’m stalled in II Samuel.

9. Read some children’s literature that I’ve never had a chance to.
Anne of Green Gables, Mary Poppins, Charlotte’s Web.

10. Start a book club.
Anyone want to become part of a nonfiction book club?


3 comments:

  1. Good luck reading 100 books this year! You can do it! Also, it would be so wonderful for you to start a nonfiction book club! That's an amazing goal!

    I love how this is a Top 10 Tuesday! You may also want to link up to the original Bookish Bucket List, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I don't know if I have 100 in me. But I do have a lot of vacation days to take this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list. Good luck when you start writing your book. Don't forget to give us a few teasers =)

    Here's our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete