Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Finds (1/23/15)

https://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/?s=Friday+Finds
Hosted by MizB. Click on the picture to link up!
 
A short, weird list this week, two children's books and one fiction.


 
Last year I happened upon Sara Pennypacker's Clementine and fell in love. Our library has The Talented Clementine, and I'm primed to read it next time I need something fun.
 
One of my favorite authors is Michael Perry. We sort of went to school together and we read our work at local readings back in the day. Last fall he came out with a middle-grade (I think, for grades 4-7 anyway) book. It sounds kind of apocalyptic, which isn't really my genre, but he's an author that I really would read anything by. I bought my grandson a copy of the book for Christmas, but he has yet to crack it, so maybe we'll read it together.
 
I can't remember if I highlighted All the Light We Cannot See on Friday Finds or not. I don't know that I'm deeply interested in the plot, but it's one of those "everyone else is loving it, so I must be missing out" kind of things. And I challenge myself to read a couple of those each year.
 
What did you add to your TBR this week?



12 comments:

  1. I have All The Light We Cannot See on my TBR, it is set in St Malo which is somewhere we visit quite often as it is a quick boat trip away. Here are my FFs https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/friday-finds-january-23/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I just have to succumb and read that popular book, and I'm very seldom disappointed.

      Delete
  2. I have a children's book on my Friday Finds this week too!! Here's a link to my Friday Finds this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/01/friday-finds-68.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children's books can be just the thing sometimes, can't they? Especially if I want something, light, easy, quick, or imaginative.

      Delete
  3. I wanna read All The Light We Cannot See so badly! I've had it on hold at my library forever, but there must be a long line ahead of me. If I weren't so low on funds right now, I'd just buy a copy.

    Here are my finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's out at our library until May. If I'm going to read it anytime soon, I'll have to buy it.

      Delete
  4. I keep seeing All The Light We Cannot See everywhere, too. I'm not sure it's a "me" book. I'm trying not to fall victim to the hype. :)

    My Friday Finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll give into the hype. But at least I know I'm doing it!

      Delete
  5. Nice finds! I haven't read children books in such a long time and I think I might have to pick one up someday!

    Here are my <a href="http://joonielheo.blogspot.com/2015/01/friday-finds-23-jan-2015.html>Friday Finds</a>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read All The Light We Cannot See last year. It was really good, very beautifully written. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know. It's moved up a notch on my list, now!

      Delete