Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Finds (1/30/15)

https://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/?s=Friday+Finds
Hosted by MizB. Click on the picture to link up!


 
Sister Mother Husband Dog has been on my radar for awhile now. I know next to nothing about the Ephron sisters other than I've enjoyed a bunch of their movies. This sounds like a nice, light collection of essays that a lot of women have enjoyed.
 
Jen Lancaster. What can I say? I've only read one of her books, but I enjoy her humor very much. Her new book, I Regret Nothing will be out May 5, and I'm looking forward to it.
 
I've seen The Other Wes Moore all over, and I finally looked into it and decided I might really like it. It's the true story of two boys from the same area named Wes Moore. One, the author, made a good life for himself, and the other ended up in prison. The book examines their lives, choices, and friendship.
 

 
Having read The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio recently, I was reminded of Ogden Nash's witty little poems. I don't know that I'll ever read The Best of Ogden Nash, that much Nash might burn me out, but I'd like to read more of him.
 
I read I Am Malala a year or so ago, and now they've released the book in a young reader's version. I'm interested in how the YA book differs from the "adult" version.
 
I've been considering The Romanov Sisters for awhile now, and so many folks have said it's an intimate book that I think I'll reconsider it.
 
 
What have you added to your TBR this week?


2 comments:

  1. I read I am Malala last year and it was pretty good. I will be interested to see how the young readers' version compares. I wonder why they decided to come out with a new version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. It seemed to me the original version was plenty easy to read for a younger audience. They released Unbroken in a YA version recently, too. I guess it's a new trend.

      Delete