Friday, February 3, 2017

February 2017 reading list

I love these first couple months of the year when I get to read the "cream" that I've skimmed off my TBR pile. All the things I didn't get to last year but desperately want to fill my January and February reading lists. In January I read a lot of "buzz books" that everyone but me had read, and this month I'm reading a lot of things I've "saved" for the right occasion.


First up, fiction. I'm diving into the third Flavia du Luce mystery, A Red Herring without Mustard. And I'm reading the second No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency book, Tears of the Giraffe, on audio. A couple weeks ago I loved the first one on audio so much, I just might read as many as I can that way.



Next up, children's books. Eleanor & Park is another from my "buzz books" list that everyone but me has read. And I'm planning to tackle Pax on audio, because it might be the only way I start it. And I'm also going to listen to Wolf Hollow. It's been on my list since it was published, but since it's just won an ALA honor, it moved up.
 

And the meat of the list: nonfiction. I'm currently reading Coretta Scott King's My Life, My Love, My Legacy. I've decided Super Sushi Ramen Express and Driving Mr. Albert because I really wanted some adventure books for these dreary winter days.
 

And then there's the "other" category. I wanted a good, strong, book of poetry, so I chose Billy Collins' new The Rain in Portugal that I can't wait to begin. To fulfill one of my mini-challenges, I'm picking up We Should All Be Feminists as a "book that will likely rile me up." We'll see how that goes as I have strong reasons for not identifying as a feminist though I used to proudly wave that flag. And as a nod to Valentine's Day, I'm finally going to fall into House Beautiful's Pink.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment