Thursday, February 2, 2017

January 2017 wrap-up

January was a great reading month for me, not only in numbers but in quality. I read 12 books, two on audio, and five that "everyone but me" has read. Below I'll give you a one-word review as well as my star rating (out of five). Refer to January "What I'm reading this week posts" for full reviews. It's hard to choose a favorite book this month, though three titles garnered five stars: Carrying Albert Home, Wonder, and Mario Batali's Big American Cookbook. My least favorite was definitely Where'd You Go, Bernadette.
 
 
worthy
****

charming
*****

awful
**

thoughtful
****1/2

average
***1/2

good
***1/2

well-written
****

fantastic
*****
 
perfect
*****
 
delish
****1/2
 
onerous
***

poignant
****

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed The first No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency book! I love that series so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just adore them! I'm almost through the second one now. I recently bought the first nine at a used bookstore, so I don't have to stop for awhile!

      Delete