Friday, November 3, 2017

Nonfiction November 2017 (week 1)


I love participating in Nonfiction November. Nonfiction readers are the hardcore bookworms I love best. And even though I love a good historical fiction novel, nonfiction is what I love reading most. The Nonfiction November series will run a new topic each week of November, and I'll try to post mine on Fridays. Check back for more fun all month!



Week 1: Your Year in Nonfiction

 

Take a look back at your year of nonfiction and reflect on the following questions:

 

What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year?
So far this year, I've read 64 nonfiction books (plus 46 fiction and 13 poetry), and choosing one favorite is almost impossible. I did find myself reading a lot of books about flight, though, and I loved every one of them. The Spirit of St. Louis, West with the Night, Sully, Rocket Boys, and All the Gallant Men were all wonderful books.

 

What nonfiction book have you recommended the most?

Gosh, that's a hard question. I really gushed over The Spirit of St. Louis and Sully. They make one proud to be an American.


What is one topic or type of nonfiction you haven’t read enough of yet?

I can never read enough memoirs. Never.


What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?

I just love seeing other folks' favorite kinds of nonfiction. It's such a broad genre with so many subjects to explore. And of course I love all the recommendations of other readers' favorite books of the year!





3 comments:

  1. I tend to read a lot of 'flight' books, too, both fiction and nonfiction. All the books you listed sound good, but as a St. Louisan, I really should add The Spirit of St. Louis to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend it. I found it very approachable, and for a long book, it really sped along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, more than half nonfiction! I've actually not heard of either of your favorite books, so I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete