Monday, December 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (Winter TBR)


http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html



This week’s Topic: Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR
 
(I apologize for the crazy formatting, but Blogger wasn't playing nice!)


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  


Agatha Christie
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

This has been on my list ever since I read Christie's Murder on the Orient Express this summer. I've heard many people consider this their favorite of her mysteries.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Nicole Hardy
Confessions of a Latter-Day Virgin

I'm a sucker for a memoir of religion, and I'm fascinated by Mormons, especially.







Bill Bryson
One Summer: America, 1927

I anticipate the Bryson book will be my favorite kind: history presented in pleasant, easy-to-digest morsels.


 
Pamela Hicks
Daughter of Empire

I put Daughter of Empire on my list as soon as I finished Elizabeth the Queen. Lady Hicks is the Queen's cousin.



















Robert Klara
The Hidden White House

More history. I love learning about the White House and its various changes and updates over the years, esp. how each president and first lady change it to make it their home.
 
 
 

Marta McDowell
Beatrix Potter’s Gardening Life

I might save this one for the spring when spring fever hits. It's full of charming illustrations and old photos. It's positively charming.


 


















Billy Collins
Aimless Love

I'm saving this for a lull in reading when I can really concentrate on it. It features some of his older work and some new poems.




















Ellen Stimson
Mud Season

This will be a nice break from thick books and heavy topics.


 
Jennifer Worth
Call the Midwife

I haven't seen the television series. I'm looking forward to reading this first.


 
Ann Romney
The Romney Family Table

I'm a sucker for American family cookbooks, and what family is more American than the Romneys!
 
 
Also on the list:
 
 
Finish these:

 


 

Empty Mansions and The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays. Enjoying both, but both are taking a lot of energy.

And perhaps dig into these during my two week Christmas vacation:

 


 
Austen's Persuasion and Barbra Streisand's My Passion for Design. Both have been on my TBR for the better part of 2013.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment