Monday, January 11, 2021

What I'm Reading This Week (1/11/21)

Okay, I'm going to start this year out right and post my weekly review of books. But I'm aiming for short and sweet. Since I've been away, Blogger has made some changes that I'm having trouble navigating, so if this post goes sideways, I hope it's at least readable.

I still have some best of 2020 posts to get up. They're coming. But for now, here's what I've been reading so far this year.

Last week I finished:
The Last Days of John Lennon, James Patterson
I'm a Beatles fan in the way every human has to be one, but I'm more of a Paul girl than a John girl. I'm never understood the appeal of John, although a world of talented Pauls without a few visionaries like John may not produce a group like the Beatles. I don't know. At any rate, this was a good book, and it would have been better had I more affection for John Lennon. My rating: 3 stars. 

This week I will continue with:
I consider Homer Hickam one of America's great storytellers. This, the third and final in his Coalwood memoir series, is captivating. I'll be sad to finish it.

I'm also reading:

 At night I've been reading Ann Hood's Kitchen Yarns, which is much better than expected. And because I couldn't wait until I was done with Hood's book, I started Kathie Lee Gifford's It's Never Too Late, which I'm enjoying, too.


And I'm listening to:

I've never read anything by Philippa Gregory, but I'm glad I tried this one. I'm finding it a very engaging listen.



No comments:

Post a Comment