Sunday, June 15, 2014

5 Great Books About Dads


In honor of Father’s Day and my wonderful dad, I’ve put together a short list of my favorite books about fathers.







Coop
Memoir of Perry's life raising pigs, chickens, and little girls. Funny, warm, and smart. (The book and the man.)

Hands of My Father
A touching tribute to the author's deaf father.

A funny memoir of Mr. Gilbreth, written by two of his children, and turned into a movie--twice. Very funny. (And I mean snort milk out of your nose funny.)

After Visiting Friends
A nice story of a son looking for answers to his father's death.

A Love that Multiplies
No list would be complete without a nod to the father of 19 children, Jim Bob Duggar. Written with his wife, Michelle.

Here's a great post about dads from Shauna Niequist: Dads Aren't Dumb.
 
Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment