Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (Summer TBR)

http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html


This week's topic: Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List


The Disappearing Spoon, Sam Kean
Obscure science-y stuff written with a sense of humor? I’m in.
 
Margarita Wednesdays, Deborah Rodriguez
The brand new book by the author of one of my favorite books, Kabul Beauty School.
 
Killing Kennedy, Bill O’Reilly & Martin Dugard
I’m taking the plunge and reading one of O’Reilly’s Killing… books before he releases Killing Patton this fall. I’m kind of geeking out over the Patton book.

 
 
God’s Hotel, Victoria Sweet
A little out of my comfort zone, but if I’m going to read about healthcare, it might as well be a positive book.
 
Sous Chef, Michael Gibney
I. Love. Second. Person. Narrative.
 
Quiet, Susan Cain
I’ve been saving this one. I think this summer is the time.
 
 
 
 Five Days at Memorial, Sheri Fink
There might be one too many books about hospitals on my list, but I’ve read such glowing reviews about this one.
 
Behind the Beautiful Forevers, Katherine Boo
I feel like reading a book set in another country right now. India seems about right.
 
Relish, Lucy Knisley
I’ve read so many people say they love this book. I must know what all the fuss is about.

 












Mary Poppins, P.L. Travers
I can’t stand having an unread book hanging out there. I guess that’s why I tend to read one book at a time. Been working on this one for months.

 
 
What's on your Summer TBR? 
 

4 comments:

  1. I loved Sous Chef and Relish! I've been meaning to read Quiet, but it didn't make it onto my list--so many Summer TBR possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! I declared June my "clean up the TBR list" month. I decided to read shorter books to get through more. Don't know what that means for July. I think I'd like to sink my teeth into a long meaty read like Five Days at Memorial. Have you read it?

      Delete
  2. I love your list for summer reading, it's got a lot of neat titles. I hope you like Mary Poppins, I read it last year and didn't care for it. The magic I remember as a kid reading it just wasn't there for me.
    Here's my TTT post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages
    +New Follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the movie when I was a kid, and thought it was kind of neat. Magical, as you say. But the actual magical elements in the book just feel weird. Mary is too practical to be magical. I can't seem to reconcile the two.

      Delete