Thursday, August 14, 2014

Bout of Books Read-a-thon 11...Count Me In!


I'll be participating in the Bout of Books Read-a-thon 11 next week. It's the third (I think) BoB I've participated in, and I love it. I usually take three days off from work and read from 9am til bedtime.

And I still don't finish as many books as folks who don't take days off.

But no matter. I have a blast doing my favorite thing, and that's why I do it.

My goals are always modest and changeable. This time I hope to finish two books (three or more would be great), and I hope to keep my updates, you know, up-to-date. That's were I always fail. I'm too busy reading to get online.

The books I plan to read are:

 
I think I'll have a few pages left of Behind the Curtain, so I'll finish that Monday morning. Then I'll be onto Margarita Wednesdays, which I've been saving for this occasion.

 
If I finish Margarita Wednesdays, I'll move onto Bright Wings, which is a collection of poems about birds edited by the wonderful Billy Collins. I love poetry! I love birds! I love Billy Collins! Can life be any more perfect? (The illustrations are gorgeous, too.)
 
And I hope to get a ways into Hungry Planet. I read this book a few years ago, and I've wanted to read it again ever since. It shows families from around the world with the food they consume in a week. It's an eye-opening journey.
 
 
Are you participating in Bout of Books?

Here's the official blurb and a link to the site if you need more information.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

No comments:

Post a Comment