Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Finds (Sept. 19)

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/?s=Friday+Finds
Click on the pic to learn more!
 
Well, last week I was complaining about having such a LARGE Friday Finds list, and this week...three books. I think I'm going through that blogger malaise others seem to be suffering from. This week I started three books before sticking with oneand that one isn't very good. Of all the books on my TBR, you'd think I could find something that interests me, but no. Everything is blah, and I feel kind of down about it. Got any Blah Busters for me? Please share.
 
The list...
 

I've seen How We Learn all over, and the excerpt I read was interesting. Not that I really trust my book-choosing judgment right now.
 
I've also seen Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy all over. It's a nonfiction read about four women who go undercover during the Civil War. I believe two are Union and two are Confederate. I recently read a book about George Washington's Culper spy ring during the Revolutionary War, and I found that fascinating, so I might enjoy this. Plus, the cover is lovely, don't you think?

And then there's the Ken Burns documentary companion book, The Roosevelts: An Intimate History. This large coffee table-ish book is full of photos and has a scrapbook feel. While I didn't DVR the PBS series this week, I'm purchasing it for the library, so I might get to it someday. You know, when I have 14 hours to spare!

And that's all.

What's on your reading pile?

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching the Roosevelt documentary off and on this week--it's excellent! I may need to put the book on my holiday wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it is! Alas the DVR was too full of hubby's scifi movies and grandson's Shark Week shows for this miniseries. I'll get to it someday, though.

      Delete