Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 2015 Recap

 
I think April might be my favorite month, and I certainly had a good one this year. It had its ups and downs, but it's ending right. Plus, I read some good books. Win and win.
 
I read everything on my list, with the exception for swapping out Eat, Pray, Love for A Working Girl Can't Win for my April re-read. Oh, and I scrapped my plans for The Grapes of Wrath audio because I just didn't need Dust Bowl and Depression at 5:40am.
 
Overwhelming

Difficult

Comfortable

Stunning

Fabulous
 
Sweet

Forced
 
Entertaining
 
Angsty

Simple
 
 
As I move into May, I'm reading:
 
 
Eat, Pray, Love and One Writer's Beginnings are re-reads, and What I Know For Sure is audio. All three are making me very happy, but reading the three of them together is a trifecta. Elizabeth Gilbert is a basket-case on her way to triumph (imagine making a name for yourself by describing the worst year of your life which led into the best); Eudora Welty is sweet and innocent and absolutely without guile; and Oprah, wow is this a woman who knows herself. More on all three later.
 
Tomorrow I'll share my May reading list.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment