Click to play along.
This week's topic: Top Ten Blogging Confessions
1. I don’t remember Jane Austen characters.
I love Austen, but her characters blend together for me.
2. I don’t trust books that only come out in paperback.Why do some books only get released in paperback, anyway? Do publishers not expect them to sell well, so they go straight to paper?
3. I don’t like how we've changed the definition of "reading" to include listening to audiobooks.
I mean, if I'm also cleaning the toilet, I'm not reading, I'm listening.
4. I never read the quoted selections from a book in a book review.I used to. But when I realized I was forcing myself to do it, I quit. I think they are too often so removed from the story that they don't really work for me.
5. I don’t like to read outside.The sun is too bright, or the shade is too cool.
6. I don’t read the notes section of non-fiction books.Busted! I don't like to break up the narrative flow by looking things up in the back. And if I read the notes after reading a chapter, they don't make sense. I guess I just have to forgive myself and move on.
7. I don’t even want to understand how someone who works in a library doesn’t read.I mean, come on, shouldn't that be a prerequisite?
8. I love reading the Acknowledgements page(s) in books.Some writers write a mean Acknowledgments page. Don't skip the Acknowledgements in a Laura Hillenbrand book.
9. I base my picture book selection on the covers.I guess I never got past first grade in that respect.
10. One reason I don’t check out more library books is that they’re beat up and grody.
I'm a reading princess. I like a nice pristine copy. I buy almost all the books I read.
So, fess up, what are your blogging confessions?